TORONTO [PeterPaul.ca] — The death of actor Cory Monteith in July 2013 was ruled accidental on Wednesday by the B.C. Coroners Service who said Monteith died of a deadly cocktail of heroin and alcohol.
“Coroner Claire Thompson concluded that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol,” a news release from the service said.
“Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, B.C., shortly after noon on July 13, 2013.” Monteith had been checked in since July 6 and was expected to check out on the day he died.
The full Coroners Report can be accessed online here.