[PeterPaul.ca] — The first long weekend of the year is upon us and we have prepared this handy list as you plan along with that extra day in hand, which you hopefully have off!
- The CN Tower
- Casa Loma
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Ontario Science Centre
- Canada’s Wonderland.
- Weather permitting, fireworks shows are planned at both Canada’s Wonderland [10 p.m.] and Ashbridges Bay Park [9:45 p.m.] on Monday evening.
- The Rib and Craft Beer Fest runs through Sunday.
- The Hard Rock Cafe at Yonge and Dundas will close its doors for good on Sunday at 5 p.m., making way for a Shoppers Drug Mart. The final show is scheduled for Saturday night.
- The “Toronto” sign at Nathan Phillips Square will be animated on Monday [9 a.m. to 5 p.m.] to mark Canada’s 150th
Most malls in the GTA are closed on Victoria Day, except for the following malls which will be open on Monday, May 22:
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre is open between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Square One in Mississauga is open between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre is open between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Promenade Mall is open between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Vaughan Mills is open between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets is open between 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Pacific Mall will be open until at least 5 p.m.
- Upper Canada Mall is open between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Curbside garbage pickup never occurs on Monday but other services, like Transfer Station Drop-off Depots, will not be available on Victoria Day. More information here.
- No mail delivery on Monday.
- Libraries are closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Government offices and banks are closed, except for ATMs of course.
- The Toronto Zoo will be closed due to a union strike.
- Beer Store locations will be closed on Monday but they have extended their hours at some locations on Sunday. More.
- LCBO locations will be closed on Monday.
- The TTC is running holiday service on Monday, meaning the system is basically is on a Sunday schedule. The subway opens at 6 a.m. on Victoria Day morning. There is one scheduled closure on Line 1 on Saturday and Sunday between Sheppard West and St. George stations. Shuttle buses will be running.
- GO Transit is operating on a Saturday schedule and there is one service reduction on the Lakeshore East line.
- The weather into the weekend will be in the teens in the day but dropping down to single digits in the evening. Bring a sweater. There is a risk of thunderstorms on Sunday at this writing but a high of 17 C.
Have a safe and wonderful long weekend everyone!