[Peter Paul Media] — Following is a day-to-day timeline of developments related to the tragic crash of Ukraine International Airlines flight PS752 in Iran on January 8, killing 176 people on board:
January 9, 2020
- PM Trudeau says PS752 was shot down using a surface-to-air missile.
- “Possibly unintentionally.”
- NTSB joins investigation.
- Hundreds expected to attend vigil at North York Civic Centre.
- Canada wants access to crash site.
- ICAO confirms official notification.
January 8, 2020
- Ukraine International Airlines flight PS241 arrives in Toronto with 138 passengers missing — all were killed on PS752.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau confirms that 63 Canadians were killed in the tragedy, many of them international students headed back to Toronto.
- Passenger manifest released.
- UIA suspends flights to Iran.
- Tragedy triggered mourning in Ukraine and Canada.
- Iranian community in North York holds vigil.